Distance Education Publication OutletsUp one level
Research only 'matters' if it positively influences practice. In order for our research to make a difference, we need to disseminate the results and implications to a wide group of practitioners and our fellow researchers. Links to various websites that list most of the current Distance Education publication outlets are provided here.
- Of course, we have to link to our own peer reviewed journal the International Review of Research in Open and Distance Learning (www.irrodl.org). IRRODL maintains a strict peer review process and only about 25% of submissions make it through to publication -- but that ensures we use your precious reading time to advantage. If you would like to have your name considered as a peer or student reviewer of IRRODL submissions, please contact the managing editor, Brigette McConkey at email@example.com
- Distance Education Journals and News Letters
- A list of journals and news letters that focus on distance education list by the University of Wisconsin-Extension, its partners and other UW institutions.
- Distance Education Journals and Publications
- Distance education journals and publications listed by the University of Texas System.
- Educational Journals & Magazines
- Distance learning and educational technology journals and publications listed by eLearners.com
- Open Access Journals in the Field of Education
- List of open access journals in the field of education (including a large number related to the use of technology in education) developed by the American Education Research Association Special Interest Group (AERA SIG) Communication of Research. This list contains only links to electronic journals that are scholarly, peer-reviewed, full text and accessible without cost. Excluded are professional magazines that are largely not refereed, and commercial journals that may only allow access to a very limited number of articles as an enticement to buy.